Hidden Well – a delightful Suffolk Holiday Cottage
Hidden Well is a quaint, beautifully restored holiday cottage near the Suffolk Coast. It was built for farm workers in about 1800 and its many exposed beams and other original features give it lots of character. It sleeps four comfortably, has many modern conveniences and is close to a wonderful array of local sights. There’s a dishwasher so you don’t have to wash up, and there’s a quiet pub with good food less than 50 yards away (the Fox), so you don’t even have to cook if you don’t want to.
- Sitting room with a wood-burning stove and brick floor; full HD freesat TV, DVD, stereo and Wifi broadband
Well equipped, modern kitchen/breakfast room
- fan oven, ceramic hob
- integrated dishwasher
- fridge with freezer compartment
- lots of pots, pans, cooking utensils, mini food processor, cafetiere etc
- extendable table (seats four)
- Bathroom with electric shower/bath
- Large, sunny bedroom with 5′ double bed
- Twin bedroom with 3′ beds
- All bed linen and towels are provided
- Beams galore!
- We use professional cleaners to ensure you find the cottage in top condition.
The whole holiday cottage is decorated with just enough of the personal touch to make our visitors feel comfortable and at home, whether for a full holiday, a short break, or a long weekend.
There are also:
- Two files full of categorised information about where to go and what to do in coastal Suffolk and further afield.
- Detailed Ordnance Survey walkers’ maps
- Wooden double glazing
- An off-road parking space
- A colourful, enclosed front garden (with a bench to sit on for breakfast in the sun)
- Rear courtyard garden with deck and a separate secluded terrace area. Between them catch the sun all day long. Imagine evening drinks gazing into the sunset…
Well Behaved Children and Dogs Welcome
Millie after a long walk…
Up to two medium sized, well behaved dogs are allowed, on condition that they are kept downstairs and off the furniture at all times. There is an additional cleaning charge of £10 per dog to ensure we can keep the cottage pristine for all our visitors.
There’s no extra charge for children!
Bikes can be stored in the back garden, which is accessible from the road.
Why “Hidden Well”?
Well, the cottage is hidden just off the beaten track, but it also has a well. Not the classic, round, roofed type, but a hidden well that fills up with water when it rains (and is totally inaccessible to inquisitive children). We hope it won’t rain while you’re there (and this IS one of the driest parts of the country), but if it does, you may be able to hear the water filling the well and the air hissing and bubbling out.
Where is it?
Hint: it’s a safe distance from the house and it’s HIDDEN very WELL!